Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm Here!!

I only have a minute.  I haven't been here very long, and I don't have any idea how to process what I've seen already.  It is different here.  Very different.  Hard.  This is a hard place.

I have a few pictures from our drive from the airport to the guest house yesterday.


I'm having trouble uploading pictures on this internet connection. 

Last night we drove for three hours traveling very few miles.  The traffic is horrendous.  Unbelievable, really.  When you aren't going very fast, it's easy to notice all of the little children begging on the side of the street.  Many people walking over and around them.  A little boy of maybe 4 or 5 caught sight of us in our van.  He was pleading with us to give him something.  The traffic moved and so did our driver.  I had gotten some food out of my purse.  We looked back and he was following us.  Where were his parents?  We got the window open and handed him a package of peanut butter crackers and some kind of peanut bar.  He ran away tearing into the packages with his teeth. 

This is heart-breaking.

In a few minutes we are off to a prison.  A children's prison.

I will try to write more later.

Please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment