Thursday, November 10, 2011

Leaving Fiwagoh

Leaving Fiwagoh is hard.  It takes forever to leave.  We line all 180 children up and give them each a hug. So this time all of the children got 8 hugs.  The plan is to hug them and get on the van so that we don't make it any harder than it has to be.  Yeah... that doesn't happen, and it is excruciating.






When you come upon a sweet little one that is crying because they don't want you to go, it is heartbreaking.  There were many tears.


I thought I was going to make it without completely falling apart, but Emily and Jane were crying.

My sweet Emily hanging on to my hand while I was sitting in the van.

Don't worry, sweet ones.  I will be back to give you lots of hugs in July!

I will leave you with some pictures of beautiful Kenya!  It in an absolutely gorgeous country.


















We stopped at the same spot that we saw the giraffes last time and they were there again.



We saw a boatload of baboons on the side of the road.

I fed them peanut butter crackers. 

They really liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment