Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm Going Back!

On the 12th of next month, just 35 days away, I will leave to return to E. Africa.  I'm very excited to go.  Now that I know what to expect, I think I'm more nervous than before.  It's a difficult trip.  Amazing and incredible.  I. Can't. Wait.

On my last team there were 22 of us.  This time there are only 8.  That means there will be FAR fewer pieces of luggage carrying donations this time.  That makes me kind of sad.  A really great part of my last trip was the way we were able to bless SO many with literally over 1000 pounds of really awesome stuff to help meet some of their physical needs. 

This time, just like the last, I myself will be packing nearly (if not more) 75 pounds of donations.  I need your help BADLY to get those together.  I have a list of specific things that I will post below of things I'd really like to take.  If you would like to help, I would greatly appreciate it.  So will the children.

Most of these things can be picked up at the dollar store or at Walmart for just a few dollars.  Your 'just a few dollars' can REALLY make a difference.  Seriously.

Things I need to take:

  • Pencils, Pencil Sharpeners, Pens, Markers  (I already have spiral notebooks, glue and crayons)
  • Children's Pain Reliever (chewable and liquid), Triple Antibiotic Ointment (simple and saves lives), Hydro cortisone Cream, Toothpaste
  • Flip-flops (all sizes)
  • Deflated Soccer and Kickballs, Ball Pump/Needle, BALLOONS!, Jump Ropes, Sidewalk Chalk, Bubbles
If you are able to pick up any of these items, let me know!  I'll come get them from you.  Get your children/grandchildren involved.  Show them pictures of these children that they are helping.  It's an important lesson to learn!

Thank you so much for your help!!

Love you all,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment