Thursday, October 6, 2011

Getting Excited!

There is so much to do and so little time.  In just 5 days, I will board a plane to start my journey.  FIVE days!  Unbelievable that it is already here.

I'm having to be at work a whole lot right now to make up for some of the time I will be gone.  Work is really getting in the way of the things I need to get done.  :-)  I have to get a hair cut in the morning, so I only get to sleep a couple of hours after working all night tonight.  That should be interesting.  I have to see a chiropractor before I can spend all that time on airplanes.  They were able to fit me in Monday after work.  Monday after work I also somehow have to get my dogs to the kennel before they close.  I wish there were two of me right now!  The dogs need a vaccine too, I was told by the good folks at the Barkington Inn.  They will have to get it there, as there is no time to get them to the vet before I leave.  Oh well!

I'm getting nervous about how I will miss Brenna while I'm gone.  I HATE that part.  I'm working on some little surprise gifts that I will leave for her to open throughout the time I'm gone.  If you see her while I'm gone, will you give her a hug for me?  One day she will make this trip with me, but for now she must stay here.  Thank goodness for awesome grandparents.

It has just been amazing the way that God has brought people together to gather donations for me to take with me on this trip.  One friend that I hadn't had any contact with since high school sent countless emails and posted on Facebook for help for me.  She collected LOTS of awesome stuff including a 30 pound bag of children's vitamins for me to take.  The nutrition that these children lack is sad.  These vitamins will help!!

The blessings have poured in.  Now I'm trying to scrape together $250 to take an extra bag.  I just have to get all of this stuff there.  Airlines charge an arm and a leg for extra baggage.  If you'd like to help with that, you can send (any amount will help) to my paypal account.  You don't have to have a paypal account.  You can just use a debit/credit card.  Send to:  allie1111@me.com  Thank you!!

Please pray that God will prepare the hearts of all of us on this team.  This is a hard trip.  I need to be able to focus on being what these kids and their care-givers need me to be.  We will visit places in Kenya that Visiting Orphans hasn't been before.  Pray that we can show Jesus to these little ones and that relationships may begin to form.

Thank you for all of your help!  God is working.

oh and...  I now have a Princess Tiana baby doll and Princess Tiana dress-up dress for this beautiful and perfect Ugandan princess...

1 comment:

  1. I pray for you daily, but will especially doing so while you are gone. Thank you for being the arms and legs of Jesus. I love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete