Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Reason I Chose To Travel With Visiting Orphans

The main reason I chose the organization to travel with that I did was because I wanted to visit Katie Davis.  She is a 23-year-old adoptive mother to 13 Ugandan girls.  Her ministry, Amazima, sends 450 children to school.  For $300 per year, I myself sponsor a child through Amazima.

Every Saturday, all 450 children of Amazima gather to worship and play and eat together.  At the end of the day, Katie and her staff send them home with some food for their families.

The Saturday that we were in Uganda, we spent it with Katie and her kids.  It was a good day.


A little one named Dora chose me on this day.


Is she cute or what?



Me, Katie, and her youngest daughter Patricia.




Love. Her.


We had a great time playing with the children.  We had to retreat to the bus to blow up balloons to keep from being mobbed.  I've never seen kids get more excited over something as simple as a balloon.

------------------------------------------------------------

Today was my first day back at work.  It went well, but I'm exhausted.  I still have this nasty cold.  Hopefully it will start to go away soon.  For now... I'm going to go to bed.  Three o'clock comes VERY early in the morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment