Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thirty-seven Days

There are 37 more days until I board a plane in Houston to begin this adventure.  Actually, the adventure has already begun.  The dining room table at home is piled with stuff.  I am seeing just how giving and generous my friends and acquaintances are.  This is unbelievable.  So many of you are ready and willing to give out of the abundance that we all have and send it with me to give to these precious children that have so little.  I can't wait to get to Africa, but this is so neat to see how you all are so excited to get behind me and help me accomplish this.  There have been a couple of people at work that have given me cash so that, just before I go, I can buy what I still need to take with me.  Really cool stuff.  Thank you so much!

In a previous post I mentioned some of the things that I needed.  We have our popsicle sticks, yarn, and all of the ziploc bags that we need.  Anybody wanna help me put 2 popsicle sticks and 50" of yarn into 300 sandwich bags??  ;-)

At work the plant manager has sent a notice to all employees about my trip and the things I need to take with me and put a box in the security building to collect donations.  I'm excited to see what appears in the box over the next couple of weeks. 

The availability of overtime for me to work would be a good thing for you all to pray for.  :-)  There is still about $1200 that I need to somehow come up with in the next couple of weeks to finish paying for my trip.  I'm not worried.... yet.

Thanks for your prayers!   Thank you to those of you working so hard to get people involved in the lives of these kiddos across the ocean.  That is what this is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment